Monday, November 4, 2013

Feeling Inspired

Day 30: Inspiration in Random Places

There's a good chance that this happens a lot, and I am far too busy and unaware to catch it. Lately, I have been so amazed by the small things: meaningful conversations with people who I see a lot but rarely do more than small talk with, students randomly bringing up their relationship with God and giving me a new perspective, people letting random strangers cut them in lines at the airport. Changing seasons and new chapters; unwarranted thoughtfulness and spirited laughter.

I am realizing more and more how spectacular this life is. I am thankful for a Savior whose creativity never runs short; who never ceases to find brilliant new ways to inspire. There are multiple things every single day to be astounded by, if we take the time.  

Day 29: Words

...even on tea bags :)
Something about words and language is magical to me. I love the way words sound; I love the meaning they make. I find some of my favorite songs are the ones that express thoughts in new ways or make strange comparisons, that oddly make a lot of sense. I especially love words in written form. I tend to express myself better in writing (as some of you probably know from my overzealous note-writing habit.) Today, I'm grateful for words, the ability to express myself, and the ability to understand others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment