Tuesday, October 15, 2013

......

Day 25: Grace

I've been thinking a lot lately about joy and forgiveness. They really go hand-in-hand, don't they? As much as I've been trying to find joy in being thankful for the small things, I think that there's still parts of me that are really bitter - and that's due to the forgiveness factor.


Today, I read this, by the all-too-wise Elisabeth Elliot, and it was one of those "God moments" where you realize that that message was meant for you, for now. Hugely convicting (and a lot to think about over a short lunch break). When I feel hurt, I try to harden myself toward that situation because I would rather feel angry than sad. 

These thoughts have continued to circle around in my head throughout the afternoon. I am so grateful for God's grace everyday. But especially today, I am grateful that I can look at the areas of my life where I have failed to demonstrate Jesus-like love to others. I can realize that the hurt and the anger (and ultimately the lack of forgiveness) is preventing love from happening, and I can ask for help; help from the One who knows my heart, who created my heart, and can heal my heart. And you know what? I can use that God-given grace to try again tomorrow...

Day 24: Purses...

Because where else can you put your gum? And your books? And your planner? And your sunglasses?

Just not in NFL games. Bummer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HCZd2HFfw




No comments:

Post a Comment