Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Transitional Thoughts...

Transitions are scary. And they're a whole lot scarier at age almost-26 than they were at age 22 (or really any age younger than almost-26...)

It was a tough year. I've struggled with wanting to write anything here because I felt so bitter about everything going on, and wouldn't have known how to keep the bitterness out of my writing. In short, I felt entitled to the things it seems everyone else gets, and ultimately felt that life wasn't cutting me a fair deal. Right right right--I must have missed that day in kindergarten when most kids learn that "LIFE ISN'T FAIR!" (can I get another exclamation on that?!)

A lot of changes have taken place recently (more on that later), and I am trying oh-so-hard to let go of the complexities, of the fear of the unknown. I am beginning to again find the peace in knowing that God is already there and that He has the master plan. Transitions don't have to feel scary; they can feel hopeful. I am beginning to remember gratitude, and what that means. There is so much to be grateful for, and I am not "entitled" to a single ounce of it...yet He still provides. That said....I'm going to try something new. 




THIRTY DAYS OF GRATITUDE 

Day 1: Kindness

I am thankful for the kindness of people. Do you ever have one of those days when your mood is so down-in-the-dumps that you just don't expect much from life or from people? And then all of the sudden, the smallest act of kindness--a smile, an unexpected greeting, a warm hug, an invitation, a simple but heartfelt "how are you?"--changes it all. I started a new job a few weeks ago, and I have been beyond blessed by the kindness and thoughtfulness of my new co-workers. They know very little about me and they certainly don't owe me anything, yet their thoughtfulness has meant the world on those days when I don't even really feel like getting out of bed. It is certainly a powerful reminder to me to pay it forward in joy. Today, and every day, I am so thankful for the kindness of people. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I mean you can't really beat Otero co-workers but I'm sure these folks come close. :)
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete