Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I know, I know, I know..I'm bad at this.

I was reminded a few days ago about how long it's been since I've posted anything on this, by one of the [maybe] two people who read it :) However, Christmas break starts in 2 DAYS! and I will really try hard to do some updating then..and post a few pictures from my little Colorado adventure!

Tonight, I got the itch to do something creative (probably since I was trying to avoid writing a paper), and I remembered something that my good friend, Tara, once gave me--it's a rendition of a Mad Lib that one her professors gave her--and it was kinda fun :) So, for lack of anything better to post at the moment...

Where I’m From

I’m from a collection of worn novels and cozy blankets, from vintage sundresses to over-sized sweatpants, from snuggling with Clarissa and blanket.


I am from the house with the green door and the Springer Spaniel in the front window, eagerly waiting to welcome guests.


I am from large oak trees, day lilies, and gardening with Grandma Sugar.


I am from sitting around the fireplace eating Monkey Bread on Christmas morning and over-using “I love you”, from Rosemary Brady and Donna Gettman and my sisters Lindsey, Kathryn, and Molly.

From birdie lips, calling conditioner “cream rinse” and ending all phone calls with “Love you, Miss you, Bye.”


I am from a traditional Lutheran upbringing to centering my life around Jesus and the unconventional freedom that He gives.


I’m from Northeast Iowa and the perfect town of Cedar Falls, from eating Olive and Pimento spread and drinking Shirley Temples while enjoying a beautiful day on the lake.


From the magic of waking up early on Christmas morning to lie alone in the dark, gazing at the glowing lights on the tree until everyone else arises.


I am from pushing handprints into wet cement with a date below to preserve a memory so that one day, when I get to where I’m supposed to be, I can say that this is where “I’m from.”

No comments:

Post a Comment