1. Before ordering a bike online, it's good practice to make sure someone knows how to put it together. Thank goodness my roommates understand Canadian instructions (I still don't know what an "end-nipple" is…and maybe that's okay)
2. Most people are supportive of biking endeavors.
3. Some people make biking look really cool and trendy. Unfortunately for me, it's difficult to take notes on this while riding my bike.
3. Some people make biking look really cool and trendy. Unfortunately for me, it's difficult to take notes on this while riding my bike.
4. There's no known cure for helmet hair. The sooner I came to terms with this, the better my days were.
5. In the beginning, people tried to reassure me that my butt would "get used to it after awhile." Those people were liars.
6. Carrie Underwood obviously has a regimen other than biking to achieve her perfect legs; mine aren't even close. I'll keep this on my bucket list for another time.
7. Brakes are important. No explanation (and definitely no background story) necessary.
8. When bugs fly into your mouth? They don't taste good, but at least it's protein. When bugs fly into your eye? There's no positive.
9. I recently had the phrase "on your left" start making appearances in my dreams. I believe this to mean I am becoming a "true biker." That, or I am very, very slow. For self-esteem purposes, let's go with the former.
8. When bugs fly into your mouth? They don't taste good, but at least it's protein. When bugs fly into your eye? There's no positive.
9. I recently had the phrase "on your left" start making appearances in my dreams. I believe this to mean I am becoming a "true biker." That, or I am very, very slow. For self-esteem purposes, let's go with the former.

No comments:
Post a Comment