Monday, July 25, 2011

"Is this Heaven?..."



"No, it's IOWA!" 


Since moving away from this great state, my Iowa pride has grown ten-fold. I sometimes get the dismissive gesture from people when I tell them where I'm from, but I cannot describe how grateful I am to be from a place that is so laid-back, so beautiful in its own way, and undoubtedly has the friendliest people you've ever met. 


Lately, with a little extra free time (Hallelujah, summer!), I've gotten to make a couple trips home. I love having more than a day or two to do Bests & Worsts at the dinner table with my family, have a banana margarita at Los Cabos with friends, and just have purely blissful afternoon exploring sessions with  people like Lauren Hanson (well, except for the whole getting-stuck-in-a-ditch thing.) I am a lucky, lucky girl. 




About this whole getting stuck thing..it really wasn't our faults! Okay, it kind of was. But it was all in the name of a fun picture! While driving along a back dirt road, we were just amazed at how beautiful it was, and we thought we should pull over and get out Lauren's green chair (it really, really would've looked great!) Turns out, there wasn't much of a shoulder, although you couldn't tell because of the weed overgrowth. We panicked a little. BUT, so thankfully, happened to be surrounded by the nicest people in the middle of nowhere--every car that passed offered to help! Every. single.one. We were outta there in no time! :)


While waiting for help, might as well get out the camera!


Annnd, we finally got our green chair shot (albeit in a slightly different location.) Miss Lauren, you are oh-so-stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment