Monday, June 14, 2010

One Word: Blessed.

And maybe another: Homesick.


The main question I've been getting from people at home in Iowa this past week has been "How's it going?"
Well...I'm afraid it depends when you ask.


I came out to Denver last Tuesday for Induction, and I can honestly say that I think the city is great and I can't think of anywhere I would rather be placed. That said, I cried myself to sleep the first night there. I missed home, I was worrying about things that are completely out of my control and are best left to God anyway, and I felt completely inadequate and in over my head with this program.


I'm now in Tempe, Arizona for Institute, I don't currently have a job placement (which is a little stressful) and I still miss home. BUT..God has proven to be ever-faithful as always. I have friends from home sending Bible verses my way, reminding me to read my daily Proverbs and giving me encouraging messages in a variety of ways. I appreciate this all so much more than you know, dear friends.


Here's another looks on the bright side: On the last day of Induction, we had 3 corps members speakers talk at the closing ceremony. One girl, Victoria, talked about how she had been trying to figure out what the common denomenator was for why we all got into the program, and she said she had finally figured it out: magnetism. And I believe her. I have yet to meet someone that I cannot see myself becoming very close friends with. AND, I have met some of the most encouraging and uplifting followers of Jesus, which I know He has allowed into my life. So that's how I feel today..BLESSED :)


P.S. I'll work on adding pictures when I get a few more minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment